Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Top Ten List

Okay...... I will leave the story of the wedding day for Janell to tell. I would like to share with all who read this blog briefly what we did leading up to the week of the wedding and things I have learned. For me two weeks before the wedding there was the Three Rivers League District Wrestling Tournament. I am the assistant coach at Lakeridge High School. We had 4 in the finals, 1 got first and 3 got second. We also had 2 others place, one got 4th and the other 6th. So this meant that the week before the wedding I spent all Thursday, Friday and Saturday at the Memorial Coliseum coaching kids at the state tournament. We had a good showing and had 3 state placers, the fourth had a hard draw but ended his season with a 35-4 record. The weeks before the wedding Janell was prepping her mock trail team for the regional competition. She was coaching JV and Varsity teams. They competed the same weekend as state wrestling. They did well but did not qualify for state. How all the planning got done with wrestling, mock trail, and teaching, I am still not sure. Janell says she just had to focus on what was at hand.

Through this whole process I have learned and experienced several things. Here is a list of the top 10.

1. I never knew I could look at plastic plates online for 6 plus hours and then decide on
paper plates.

2. I never knew that when I would unzip my wife's wedding dress it would be so she could run and go pee.

3. I never knew that the perfect place to be at 4 o'clock on my wedding day would be Kells Irish Pub eating fries and drinking a soda with my beautiful bride.

4. I never knew that standing in a receiving line for 2 hours would be so much fun (Thank you so much, everyone for attending!).

5. I never knew that a double bed was so small.

6. I never knew that the do not disturb sign was so important.....

7. I never knew we would have to train our Italian Soda Makers to cut people off.....12?? Really?? 12?? We suspect that sugar high wore off sometime Monday afternoon.

8. I never knew that wearing green shoes at my reception would get such a reaction.

9. I never knew how grateful Janell and I would be to all those who came and supported us on our wedding day. We are truly overwhelmed with with the love, support, and generosity of others.

10. I never knew how lucky I would be to marry such an amazing, beautiful, smart, insurance sharing women.


2 comments:

  1. You are great Tom. It was so nice to meet you the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the list - can't wait to hear more wedding tidbits - so sad to have missed such a big event.

    ReplyDelete