Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sunbeam Song

Today, I peeked in at Corbin in his church nursery class. He was happily participating in the singing time. The kids were all wearing cut out yellow plates around their head and were singing Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam, one of my favorites when I was little. 

The words say, 

Jesus wants me for a sunbeam 
To shine for him each day. 
In every way try to please Him. 
At home, at school, at play. 
A sunbeam
A sunbeam
I'll be a sunbeam for Him. 

So on the way home, I told him what I has seen. So tom and I began to sing and Corbin joined in - but we only got through the first two lines  -- Corbin's version went like this --

Jesus wants me for a sunbeam
To shine for him NEXT WEEK. 

For whatever reason, Tom and I thought that was the funniest thing we had heard in a long time. Procrastinating sunbeam. 

Love our funny kiddo. 

Picture isn't connected to story. Consider it just a bonus pic. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the Sunbeam story.

    I'm having food stickiness phobia just looking at the picture of Corbin eating the ice cream in his car seat ;) But it sure is a cute picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the mouth of babes! Love it!

    ReplyDelete