Friday, January 29, 2010

My Tom

So, it is a fabulous Friday night, and Tom is out of town with the wrestling team. And so here I am after putting together all of the invitations to send out in the mail tomorrow. I bet you are excited! Please let us know what you think of them...we are pretty excited about them. In other words, please let us know how much you love them, too!!

I thought I would write a post tonight about the reasons I love my Tom. Many of my friends from college have never met Tom so I thought I would explain the reasons why I am the luckiest girl in the world because we are getting married in 5 weeks and a few hours. So, here is a list of the things I love most about him...in no particular order...and by no means, all of them...

First, I love his smile. Tom's whole face lights up when he smiles and I feel so happy when I can make him smile. This is closely tied in with his blue eyes. He told me once that he pledged to himself when he was younger that he needed to marry a girl with blue eyes so he could pass that recessive gene on to his future offspring. Phew...

Second, I am grateful for his lack of a temper. Tom always amazes me at how calmly he takes the unexpected or the unwanted. One of my greatest examples of this is when I borrowed his camera once to go to a wedding. When I returned from Seattle, I told him that I had left the camera in the hotel room. He kind of shrugged and asked if I had called the hotel about it. I realized he thought I had left it completely, and I meant that I had left it when I went to the wedding. He was so calm and reasonable about it. I was amazed! This is a trait I feel I will be even more grateful for once we start sharing a bathroom. :-)

Third, I love how he makes me laugh. Tom reminds me to be silly and to play. I can get pretty busy and worked up over things, and he helps me relax and see the positive in everything. I don't think there's a problem that Tom doesn't believe could be made better by laughing about it.

Next, I appreciate how hard he works. He is always willing to put in the effort to do what it takes. He really knows what it means to put his shoulder to the wheel.

I also really love how well he gets along with my family. He connects well with everyone. The very first time he met everyone was the day my sister gave birth to her son. We had planned to have Tom meet everyone that day when my nieces sang in church, but since she went into labor that morning, he met everyone in her hospital room. How about that for diving right in?

I have many more on my list, but I just realized that I am really really really tired. I think I am going to sign off for tonight and I can continue this list later. But, just know, if you don't know him yet...he is incredible!! I love him very much, and I am so excited for FOOOOREEEEVVER!

6 comments:

  1. Aww - "love" it. Have I mentioned how excited I am for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. too cute! btw, we got the invite today. we LOOOOOVE them! if you didn't know, the plakseys will be there (especially since he's the one taking the pictures!!). can't wait!

    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got your invite today and can't wait for the big day! I am coming with the baby and my helper (Taylie). Tell Tom that this is all going to be called off if he doesn't get my approval! :) Talk to you soon! Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'nell! I love your invite! But it makes me sad that I have to miss your exciting day. Hopefully we can get together the next week. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Janell! I am so excited for you guys! Your announcement was way cute :) I'll save it forever! We won't be able to make it out to the wedding, but hope to be able to see you sometime in the near future and meet your Tom :) Have fun with the wedding preps!
    Love and hugs,
    Barbie and family :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The announcement is very cool. I especially liked the timeline with photos on the back. I am so excited for you guys and your new adventure. As much as I would absolutely love to go to your reception in the good old Westlake building, we won't be able to make it. Best of luck with all the prep.

    Ryan Zirker

    ReplyDelete