Monday, June 21, 2010

OUCH!

Today is the day!

We leave for our honeymoon in a very short amount of time!

We are super excited!

We have been preparing for weeks!

We have packed our clothes!

We have gotten our shots!

We have booked our hotels!

We have our passports!

We have our ride to the airport!

And I got to spend the morning at the doctor's office!



Wait!! That isn't supposed to be part of the plan...but alas, it happened.

Here's the story --
Many months ago, I bruised the big toe on my right foot under the nail. So, I had a nice dark purple bruise thing going under my toe nail since, well, a long time.
The nail began to separate from the toe over the past few weeks, and this morning, I caught the nail on the sheets causing me to scream in anguish. Pure anguish!
The advice nurse was able to get me an appointment with my doctor this morning (Fantastic surprise, Kaiser!) and off I went.
She chose to remove the nail completely and then informed me that crutches would be needed for the next 2-3 days.
I politely declined stating that by tomorrow afternoon, I plan on hiking through the rainforest and checking out the wildlife.
She then politely informed me that I was wrong.
So, maybe a compromise is in order?
Anyway, I now have some painkillers, an antibiotic, and an anti-inflammatory all packed in my carry-on along with a fresh supply of gauze and antiseptic.
Thank goodness for an Eagle Scout husband!!

And we are off! The adventure has obviously already begun...

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it! Lets hope Murphy's law doesn't follow you around on your honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete