Monday, October 17, 2011

Baby Blessing

Last Sunday, we had Corbin's baby blessing at church. Traditionally, in our faith, we bless babies within the first couple of months, during a Sunday service. It is a blessing, much like a prayer, that Tom was able to perform. I have seen hundreds of baby blessings in my life - it seemed so surreal - but wonderful to have it be my baby with my husband.

We were very well supported that day with family and friends coming to visit. We had a small breakfast in the morning before church and then we all traveled to the church building together.

It was so wonderful to have everyone there and to feel of their love for Corbin and for us.

Here are a few photos from that day...

This is us with Tom's grandma (Corbin's great-grandma!) and her new husband. They are newlyweds!

Here we are with Tom's parents.

And here we are with mine!

Isn't it great to know how much love and support Corbin has all around him? He is a very blessed little boy...and we are very blessed parents.

Corbin is truly an amazing blessing for us. Now that he is smiling (more like grinning) and so attentive, I just find myself having so much fun with him. He loves to coo and talk with us. I just wish I could understand him better.


1 comment:

  1. How blessed we are to have husbands that can give Priesthood blessings. Glad you had so many loved ones around you for that special event.

    ReplyDelete