Friday, July 27, 2012

Visitors

Two of my beautiful nieces are in town from Arizona. They are here for a week to explore Oregon and all it's good weirdness. Corbin and I picked them up on Wednesday and headed to NW 23rd to browse through shops and get some food.

The girls found some cute stuff and we went to Salt and Straw, a very popular newer ice cream place known for its unusual flavors. It was pretty busy even on a Wednesday afternoon.


Here is my boy with his beautiful cousins with our taste flight of ice cream. We got (if I can remember right) -- freckled strawberry coconut sorbet (Traci's favorite of them), cinnamon snickerdoodle, strawberry honey balsamic with black pepper (my favorite I think) and sea salt with caramel.

They were definitely unique.

If you won't doubt my coolness, I actually think I prefer more traditional flavors. But I would be willing to go back and try more unique ones!

Glad Traci and Jamie were really to give them a try, too! And Corbin tried them also. The cinnamon one made him literally shiver. I think he likes plain vanilla best, too!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Glad I read your blog before heading to Portland this weekend - that new ice cream store sounds delish! Can't wait to give it a try . . . although I'm not sure how we're going to fit that into our tight schedule, but for ice cream, the Schnells will do just about anything ;)

    Oh, and I can't believe Corbin is 1 already. Time sure flies, huh?

    ReplyDelete