Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day of School!

Today is the first day of school, but I am not there.

In fact, I didn't even get out of bed until after 9. Of course, I was up at 2 and at 5.

Instead of meeting my new students, I have changed some diapers, watched a couple of episodes of Monk while nursing, changed Corbin's outfit a couple of times due to spit-up, taken 2 naps with him, and folded some clothes.

Instead of making photocopies and preparing lessons, I have held him when he got fussy and sang Itsy Bitsy Spider (and a few other simple songs) a few (million) times while he sat in his Boppy.

Instead of eating lunch with my colleagues, I grabbed some wheat thins and cheese when he first fell asleep sometime kind of around noon.

I am glad I am here with my son being his mama.

Although, it does feel weird to not be there being Mrs. Cinquini.

Here's my baby...

...he's worth this weirdness!

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering how you'd be feeling on the first day of school. Kind of like a vacation of sorts? Enjoy this time :)

    ReplyDelete