Monday, February 20, 2012

Busy weekend!

Presidents day weekend. I have always really liked it. Probably because it is always near my birthday so I always feel like it is a 3 day weekend for me as well as Honest Abe and George Washington. This weekend my bday was even part of the weekend so it was even better.
Saturday was my 37th bday. I could wax on about entering my "late" 30s but it is what it is. I am okay with it (I think) and won't waste your time or mine thinking too much about it.
We started the day at weight watchers. (19.8 lbs lost since September!!). Everyone commented on my beautiful and happy baby. I could listen to that all day!!
I met some friends from high school at a bakery for breakfast. I always enjoy seeing them. Something about people who knew you in junior high and still like you now.
I spent most of the day hanging out with my baby. Tom was with the scouts at mt hood so Corbin and i played. When tom got back I had a facial ("you have dry skin-- duh!!). Then we dropped off Corbin with my niece and went to dinner.
We went to Laurelhurst market. We got there at 7. We were seated at 9. Yes, it is that type of place. (We actually went to the nickel arcade during our wait. Loved it!!)
Dinner was so good. Yummy!




I think we used all our ww points for the week. :). It was nice to enjoy a slow and relaxing meal with my husband while we knew our child was happy and safe.
Sunday we did dinner at Toms sisters house with his mom, too. I received a bday card from my nephew with heroes cutting the heads off of bad guys. Never had that before.




My "candle" was a flaming marshmallow. Awesome!!
Then today on Monday I took Corbin to his first political rally. We went to Salem on a bus with other members of my teachers union and we participated in democracy. It was a rally to show support for public education and funding Here are some fun pics from that.




Photo proof that Corbin slept -- for about 15 minutes.




That's the communist party being represented behind us.




Check out the gold man on the roof of the Capitol.




On the bus afterwards.
It was wet and kinda windy but we were there to show our support!
Now we are home...recovering!
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment