Monday, May 20, 2013

Minnesota


So I was only in Minnesota for about 52 hours but I got to see and experience some Minnesota moments.

After picking me up from the airport, my brother and my parents took me to the Mall of America. Holy cow! That place is huge! It is four floors and each floor was big. We only made it through about half of one floor. I blame my parents but I am not sure I had more in me either.


Here is the indoor amusement park. Hard to see everything but I think you get the idea.



And here are some Lego sculptures. Wow!

I was afraid I was going to embarrass my brother by taking pictures in the mall but he said everyone there are tourists, so who cares?

So here is the fish tank by our table at the restaurant. Cool.





This one above is my dad with all of our garbage from eating lunch at White Castle. It is a Midwest "delicacy" and my dad craves it since he is an Ohio boy. I enjoy sharing the experience with my dad but I am not sure about the burgers. See below--


They were 8 cent burgers when my dad was a kid and they used to stop on their way into Columbus to get them. They are kind of like sliders but not quite gourmet. We used to always go get them when we visited my grandparents. Good memories. Not so good burgers.

And then it rained.


I mean there was a full on torrential downpour with tons of water gathering on the roads. Drivers pulled over to the side of the freeway under the bridges to wait out the rain and then there was hail, too.

Wow! I was sure glad my brother was driving.

The rain canceled our trip to the sculpture gardens in Minneapolis, but it might have made for better stories.

That was about all the fun that was possible in the time I was there-- oh wait! Did I tell you how my parents, my sister, and I got stuck in an elevator on the way to my brothers graduation?


Didn't last long but it is another good story to tell.

Ahhhh...looking forward to home.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment